Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Global Awareness Poster #1


This design was made for Muskegon Community College's 2010 Global Awareness Festival Poster Contest. For this design, I was very heavily inspired by stained glass windows used in Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture.
Example:

I pared down the complexity of the window and gave the frame of the poster its basic geometry. Unfortunately, I did not win the contest, but I still got a really nice piece. I used the Pen tool to make the Countries and the trees. I set the trees to a 74% Opacity, to give the countries a neat, almost shaded effect. I chose to use only black, white and green in the color palette because the theme that year was "Living Green".  I used the Water Paper effect in the Sketch section of the Effects panel. 

1 comment:

  1. Really nicely done, Jarard. I like the changes you've incorporated since your first design. Great work, as I'd expect :)

    ReplyDelete